Friday, January 9, 2009

A trial of MS Vista.

I am a Software Engineer, my career requires computer OS testing for deffining limitations and compatibility. Besides from linux distro, I my self at home has a Windows XP installed up to present. 
I have no plans on upgrading to Vista or Win7 untill one of my friend said that I should try Vista and give it a shot. So I borrowed his Vista OEM and make my self have a partition for it to install. Hey!!! somebody might react that I borrowed a software, Yah and its an OEM license, means I cant activate it. 
I only need to try Vista if it is worth upgrading from my WindowsXP, so I will have a 30 days to try it before it locks. By then I have to decide if I should upgrade from WindowsXP since it reached its life span according to MS, or just stick to it since It is too cool and already comportable with it.  This post might me too late for review of Vista so I will not put any details of its features. 

I just thought that I just need to know. Untill my trial end, before, If I will be, purchasing license for Vista, I will post an enough reason for this opening. Untill then, this post is not close. 

Cheers

1 comment:

Ding said...

Finally concluded, Vista is not for me. I like the new looks, animation, security in terms of user GUI access, and the whole new bunch of styles which most of the computer user likes. But its not for me. If you are a general public user who likes presentation other than other usage, I really recommend Vista for them. For student other that IT related course can appreciate Vista. On the other hand, For IT related student course, I still recommend Linux, WinXP.

Because of this my rating will be different base on user type. Rate from 1-10 which 10 is the highest.

General Public: 8.5
Student IT related: 3.0
Student Others: 6.0
Software Devel: 1.0 (w/o VisualStudio)
Software Devel: 5.0 (w/ VisualStudio)